Parents of 1,004 North East Lincolnshire two year olds have already found out that they are eligible for 15 hours free early education and childcare this academic year, but many more parents may be missing out.
Eligible two year olds can access their funded place with subscribed providers across the borough: nurseries, pre-schools, family hubs and approved childminders. Funding starts the term after the child’s second birthday. Children born between:
- 1 September and 31 December can apply from 1 September and access a place from January.
- 1 January to 31 March can apply from 1 January and access a place from April.
- 1 April and 31 August can apply from 1 April and access a place from September.
The eligibility criteria includes:
- Income Support/ Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Support under the VI of Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, (annual income (as assessed by HMRC) that does not exceed £16,190))
- Working Tax Credits (including the four-week period immediately after employment ceases, or start to work fewer than 16 hours per week) with a household income of less than £16,190 as assessed by HMRC.
Or if a child:
- Is looked after by the Local Authority;
- Has left care through adoption or child arrangement order (previously known as special guardianship or residence order)
- Has an Education, Health and Care plan (previously known as statement of special educational needs)
- Is in receipt of the Disability Living Allowance
If you think your child is eligible we encourage you to apply now by:
- Calling the Family Information Service on (01472) 326293 option 4
- Apply online at www.nelincsfis.co.uk
- Visiting your local family hub or childcare provider who can support in completing an application form