Over half of all local two year olds are eligible for up to 15 hours free early education and childcare.
Eligible two year olds can access their funded place with one of the 68 providers; including day nurseries, pre-schools, children’s centres and approved child minders. Funding starts the term after the child’s second birthday.
Children born between:
- 1 April and 31 August can apply from 1 April and access a place from September.
- 1 September and 31 December can apply from 1 September and access a place from January.
- 1 January to 31 March can apply from 1 January and access a place from April.
From September 2014 the eligibility criteria was extended and now includes:
- Income Support/ Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Support under the VI of Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, (annual income (as assessed by HMRC) that does not exceed £16,190))
- Working Tax Credits (including the four-week period immediately after employment ceases, or start to work fewer than 16 hours per week) with a household income of less than £16,190 as assessed by HMRC.
Or if a child is:
- Looked after by the Local Authority;
- Left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order;
- Current in a statement of special educational needs or an Education, Health and Care plan;
- In receipt of the Disability Living Allowance
- Accessing the Early Years Support Pathway
If you think your child is eligible you can apply by:
- Calling the Family Information Service on (01472) 326293 option 4
- Apply online at www.nelincsfis.co.uk
- Visiting your local children’s centre or childcare provider who can support in completing an application form